3/25/2008

Five With Peter Davis

One of my very favorite things about our next guest, Peter Davis, on "Five With...", besides his delightfully funny book Hitler's Moustache, is that because the name "Peter" and the name "Davis" are rather popular ones, I found myself Googling "peter davis hitler" when I went to link to him. So there's that.

1. What are you working on now?

A book called Poetry! Poetry! Poetry! It’s a book of poetry.

2. What is your favorite part of literary festivals and why?

Traveling. Meeting people. Usually my wife comes with me, so it’s nice for us to get away from the kids, stay in a hotel, drink too much, and have sex.

3. Who are your favorite small press mover/shaker types at the minute?

At the minute? Bloof Books, Action Books, Didi Menendez, Matt Hart

4. Which author do you wish was coming to Pilcrow Lit Fest this year who is not?

Kurt Vonnegut. But I’m just happy to meet Amy Guth. That should make up for the missing Vonnegut.

(Aw. Funny you say my name and Vonnegut's in the same answer. I did pose for some rather odd photographs in Vonnegut's honor. -AG)

5. If you were in charge of picking a theme song for Pilcrow Lit Fest this year, what would it be?

The Hives, “Tick Tick Tick Boom”

(Please note. Pilcrow Lit Fest does in no way mean to imply that Peter Davis looks like, or worse, is, Hitler. WE just don't have a photo of him handy.)

No comments: